Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lakeland Down Under.... Meeting the Brisbane MQG Reps!



Our LMQG has decided to do a "Mug Rug Swap Around The World". Our first swap was with a phenomenal group of ladies from Essex County in Ontario Canada! Our second swap is with the Brisbane Australia MQG -- and I was lucky enough to meet a few of these amazing ladies at QuiltCon!

One of the first people that I happened upon when I reached the Austin Convention Center was Catherine Demack... you may recognize her from her phenomenal blog and shop "Cat & Vee" -- you can check it out HERE.


Catherine and I chatted about the guilds and our swap. She told me to be on the lookout for the other Brisbane ladies who were at QuiltCon - especially Peta Peace -- who you may recognize from her page "She Quilts A Lot", and you can find it, HERE. So... I went on a search for more Aussies!

I didn't find Peta for quite some time, but what I did find out is that Austin had been invaded by phenomenal Aussies!!! There were folks from Melbourne and Canberra.... it was so much fun meeting and chatting with all of them!


Finally I got to meet up with our Brisbane friends at the Leadership meet-&-greet. These ladies are simply phenomenal! So much fun to hang out with. I really wish that we could travel over and meet their terrific guild - it just sounds amazing!!! Such talent in their group!!
These ladies have a great sense of humor -- one of their friends bunny-eared the pic, LOL!!!

I turned over our mug rugs to Peta and she is kindly going to transport them back to Brisbane for us..... THANK YOU PETA!!!! And she gave me this ADORABLE little goody pack she made.... I didn't realize just how cool it was until I got back to the room and opened it up.... wow -- she filled it with lots of Australian treats! Chocolate, Vegemite (hehehe!), a coin (she will have to explain to me what it is), and other sweets. It was all inside this gorgeous little puch -- I will surely treasure it, thank you sweet Peta -- I just love it!!!! <3 <3 <3


So, this was one of the highlights of QuiltCon for me -- these lovely ladies are the COOLEST! We are SO VERY fortunate to be doing a Swap with Brisbane MQG... I cannot wait to see what amazing mug rugs come our way from them!!!! Thank you friends in Brisbane -- sending you lots of Lakeland Florida love!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cat and Peta are certainly the sweetest and funniest people I know. Looking forward to the caffeine carpet swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane!!! We just feel so fortunate to have found such a fun group to trade with!!! Thanks to all of you!!! :)

      Delete